When it comes to roofing, preventing a problem is always more effective (and affordable) than fixing an issue that has already occurred. While it may not seem like investing in regular inspections and maintenance of your roof, it could save you a lot of money in the long run by preventing huge and costly issues. Leak Proof is the expert company in roof repairs in Liverpool and the surrounding areas, providing a reliable and high-quality service for all of our customers.
Signs of a damaged roof
There are many signs that you can look out for that your roof might be damaged. If you notice one of these signs, it is important that you call ur an expert roofer as soon as possible to fix the problem before it gets worse.
Some of the key signs that your roof might be damaged include:
- Leaking gutters
- Slipped tiles or slates
- Loose bricks
- Loose chimneys
- Broken ridge tiles
- Slipped hip tiles
- Sunken roof/parts of the roof
- Missing lead flashings
- Damp inside the property (on ceilings)
If your roof is showing any of these signs, or any general signs of wear and tear or storm damage, it is important that you get it seen to right away by an expert roofer before the problem becomes any worse. If you do not get the issue looked at, it may cost you thousands of pounds later on as the problem gets worse.
What happens if you leave a damaged roof too long
When you do not get a damaged roof repaired quickly, the water will begin to seep into the property, and this can happen even when you cannot physically see it. When this happens, it can cause many problems:
- It can cause damage to the timberwork which can be very costly to replace
- Water can drip down the cavities in the brickwork and cause damp inside the property
- If left too long, you may need to replace the entire roof
How to avoid serious roof problems
Luckily, there are ways that you can avoid these issues and reduce the risk of facing large bills later on:
- Use flat roof and gutter repair experts for your Liverpool property
- Make sure you choose a roofing company that use only the most high-quality materials and don’t skimp on cost
- Hire only professional roofers; failing to do so can leave you worse off than you were before
- Ensure you are using a roofing company that is insurance backed and offer you a quality guarantee
Get in touch for a free inspection
If you notice damage to your roof, call us to have a small issue fixed before it becomes a big one. This can save you a lot of money and time in the long run.
Call us today to receive your free quote and inspection of your roof; we will send out one of our experts to fix any damage and save you a lot of money down the line.