Getting a new roof is going to be essential at some points in your journey as a homeowner, and while you know it’s a good idea to renew your roof when you see signs of wear and tear, you might also be hesitant to go forward with the process because of the larger investment that is required at the time. However, making that investment is essential, and only becomes more so the longer it is left. Renewing your roof comes with so many great benefits and advantages, as long as you know how to make it worth your money.
Here is our full guide to roof renewal, sharing everything you need to know about renewing your roof, as well as all of the amazing benefits that come with it.
When do you need a new roof?
First thing’s first: how do you know when it’s actually time to have your roof renewed? And when is maintenance simply enough to restore it back to its optimal standard? There are a few tell-tale signs that suggest that you need a new roof, rather than roof maintenance:
- If your roof tiles are cracked or rotting away
- If you are experiencing leaks and your roof is more than 20 years old
- If the roof is sagging and has been weakened over time
- If there has been excessive leaking and water damage inside the property
- If you are experiencing excessive dampness or dark patches within the property
- If the roof has been badly damaged in a storm or bad weather
- If you are continuing to experience leaks after multiple repairs
The Benefits of Roof Renewal
When it comes to renewing your roof, there are so many amazing benefits that come with it. Making this investment is also making an investment in a safer home with better selling value, as well as saving you money in the long term. Here are just a few of the best benefits of renewing your roof:
- It makes your home safer – more than anything else in your home, it is of the utmost importance that the roof over your head is doing its job: to keep you safe and warm, and provide protection from the elements. When your roof is leaking or deteriorating, it is losing its ability to protect you and the rest of your home, where a brand new roof can do this with ease.
- It adds value to the property – although a new roof might seem like a huge investment, it can more than pay off in the long run. If you ever go on to sell your property, a new roof with no damage or risk of leaking allows you to list the property at a higher price. What’s more, potential buyers will be more interested if they see that the property has been well maintained.
- More energy efficient – when you invest in a new roof, you will see your energy bills shrink substantially, with better insulation and up-to-the-minute thermal materials to help keep the heat in.
Having the renewal carried out: everything you need to know
- Cost: Of course, for most property owners the biggest issue about getting a new roof is the cost. The price of a new roof can vary widely from one job to another, which is why we ask that you call us so that we can give you an accurate quote over the phone.
- Time: Again, the time that it takes to install a new roof depends on the job. For small roofs, we recommend it will take between 2 and 5 days, but for larger and higher roofs this can be longer. We will always aim to give an accurate timescale based on the size of the job.
- The process: We aim to make this process as seamless as possible for our customers. Firstly, we call out to inspect and measure the roof, and send you a quote on the same day that we do this. Next, we arrange for scaffolding to go up and arrange for the materials to be delivered. Once the job is done we clean up the site so it is exactly how it was found, and have all of the materials removed from the premises.
- The result: When we are done, your roof will be in brand new condition once more, and with a 25-year guarantee that it will stay that way.