A question that we hear a lot here at Leak Proof Roofing is “when is it time for me to get a new roof on my property?”. The answer is, there are a lot of factors that contribute to you potentially needing to get a new roof. This can be a costly installation, but the cost of individual repairs will build up over time and will end up costing a lot more, as well as increasing the risk of more damage occurring and creating damage to the structure of the property.
When should I consider a new flat roof?
There are a few identifying factors that may indicate that it is time you invest in a new flat roof for your property:
- As a general timeframe, those who begin experiencing problems with their flat roof when it is between 20 and 30 years old should consider investing in a new one.
- If repairs to your flat roof have become frequent, and you find you are often having to call out roofers, this could cost you more long term. If this is the case, the most cost-effective option is a new roof.
- If your roof covering has experienced wear and tear and is damaged due to extreme heat, cold or storms, all of which can cause materials to have shrunk or become cracked, it is important to get a new flat roof before the issues become worse.
- If your roof has been installed incorrectly or is unsafe, then you should have a new one installed as soon as possible.
- When timber spars have rotted because they have not been maintained effectively, the roof should be replaced before the damage gets worse and damages other parts of the property.
- If the roof is dipping or sagging
- If water is getting into other parts of the building
How much should a new flat roof cost?
Flat roofs can vary hugely in terms of costs depending on the materials that are being used to instal them and on whether timber and joinery are needed to complete the job. There is always an option of adding a new decking to the roof or fascia boards and guttering in order to improve the aesthetics of the roof. These, of course, come at an additional cost. We believe that quality is important, however, and it is important to use high grade materials so that your roof will last a long time.
For prospective customers, we offer a free no-obligation quote upon inspection of your property so you will be fully aware of what it will cost before the job has begun.
Recent changes in pricing
We always do our very best to offer a fair price. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, building yards have had to increase prices of goods to make up for lack of deliveries, which in turn reflects the prices in the quotes we give.
Call us today for your free flat roofing quote on flat roofing services today!